Calling All Sistahs CAS02 Challenge

Hey everyone,
I have been very busy making a card series that I hope to be able to blog about very soon.  However in the meanwhile, I wanted to post my card for the CAS Fridays Calling All Sistahs CAS02 Challenge


This is a color challenge, which I really struggle with to be honest.  But I love this challenge and wanted to use this stamp set as it is one of my favorites!  The challenge is all about inspiration, this card is for my a friend of mine who is really struggling.  Sometimes people need to hear how awesome they are.  

I started with a piece of 140 lb watercolor paper and stamped this sentiment from CAS Friday Stamps in Versamark then embossed with black sparkly embossing powder.  I then used watercolors and did a wet on wet technique on the background with the aqua and purple for the challenge.

I let it dry and pressed it straight as I used insane amounts of water so it buckled a bit.  Then I used my spectrum noir red and pink markers to color in the flowers in the "You Rock".

I used Glossy Accents on some flowers, which is (of course) difficult to see.  But it looks super cool!

I propped the watercolor panel on foam onto a turquoise background and an A2 card.  Ready to mail!

Thanks and see you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lovely..