Calling All Sistahs CAS02 Challenge

Hey everyone,
I have been very busy making a card series that I hope to be able to blog about very soon.  However in the meanwhile, I wanted to post my card for the CAS Fridays Calling All Sistahs CAS02 Challenge


This is a color challenge, which I really struggle with to be honest.  But I love this challenge and wanted to use this stamp set as it is one of my favorites!  The challenge is all about inspiration, this card is for my a friend of mine who is really struggling.  Sometimes people need to hear how awesome they are.  

I started with a piece of 140 lb watercolor paper and stamped this sentiment from CAS Friday Stamps in Versamark then embossed with black sparkly embossing powder.  I then used watercolors and did a wet on wet technique on the background with the aqua and purple for the challenge.

I let it dry and pressed it straight as I used insane amounts of water so it buckled a bit.  Then I used my spectrum noir red and pink markers to color in the flowers in the "You Rock".

I used Glossy Accents on some flowers, which is (of course) difficult to see.  But it looks super cool!

I propped the watercolor panel on foam onto a turquoise background and an A2 card.  Ready to mail!

Thanks and see you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MFT Color Challenge 68

CASology Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge