A Blog Named Hero Watercolor Challenge with Honey Bee Stamps - Part 2

Hey everybody.  I am posting my second card to the A Blog Named Hero and Honey Bee stamps May Watercolor Challenge.  I just posted my first card which was for my Mother in Law.  This one is for my bestie - a great Mom that I love and admire.
You know, I really thought Mother's Day would be difficult as I lost my Mother last year.  She was an amazing, classy, funny, kind, every adjective I could use woman.  Her absence is felt, but I find that recognizing awesome women in my life on Mother's Day has really filled that void.  

I started this card by using Distress Inks for my watercoloring.  I am using the Honey Bee Lotus flower stamp and coordinating die as well as the Hero Arts Happy Stamp & Cut for the Happy Mother's day Sentiment.  I used  my acrylic block to rub the Distress inks on then misted with water.  I let that sit and react while I stamped a page full of Lotus Flowes with Versamark Ink and embossed with white Hero Arts embossing powder - my favorite!


My angle is super weird - but I wanted to capture the flowers as I watercolored them.  I used Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean, and Shaded Lilac.  







While that was drying, I took my Distress Ink in Weathered Wood and stamped the lotus flower all over a piece of white 110 lb paper.  








Finally, I used the die from the Happy Stamp & Cut set this time and cut the word Happy out of a shiny grey colored paper.  I used a scrap piece of black fun foam paper to also cut out the word. I glued the grey "happy" on top of the foam word while the foam "happy" was still connected.  This is the easiest way to line up the die cuts when gluing.  I used my Multi-Matte glue as it is my favorite!  And, I glue like a 5 year old and the fact this glue dried clear is a bonus for a horrible gluer like me.




I cut out the watercolor panel using a rectangle stitched die and propped up on foam on top of the panel I made with the grey Distress ink. I stamped and black embossed the rest of the sentiment on the same shiny grey paper I used for Happy.  Notice my childlike gluing skills kicked in once again and my "happy" doesn't match up.  But its actually cool - the black foam looks like a shadow.
I added some sequins for sparkle.  Funny story - this is take 2 of the same exact card.  On take 1 I used my Nuvo drops instead of sequins.  I came down in the morning after I left the card to dry and low and behold, my Nuvo drops were smoooshed.  Now, my 11 year old has been learning to make cards and seemed veeeery interested in these drops the night prior.  I'm not blaming anyone, but it seems awful suspicious that those pearly drops were flattened by someone's fingers!  Oh well, I like this card better.
Have a great day!!









Comments

Lisa said…
Lovely card. I'm sorry for the loss of your Mother, but I love your sentiment that other women have filled that void. Makes my heart happy to read that. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero!
Tracy Freeman said…
It is beautiful, it is never easy losing someone is it, but love that you celebrate other women.
Thank you for sharing with us at A Blog Named Hero x
creative lady said…
Lovely card, so sorry for the loss of your mother. Thanks for joining A Blog Named Hero.

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !