A Blog Named Hero Watercoloring Challenge with HoneyBee Stamps - Post 1

Hi There!
I am back with Post 1 for my entries into the A Blog Named Hero and HoneyBee Stamps Watercoloring Challenge.  I have 2 entries and feel it is better to split this into 2 posts as I tend to be wordy (no judgement please, I'm a talker).

Here is the first card I am entering into the challenge:

I love how this card turned out. In fact, I needed to get this posted and into the mail to send to my Mother-in-Law (eek).  So, as you can guess, I needed to make this card as perfect as possible!

I started off by stamping the HoneyBee Lotus flower stamp multiple times on some scrap Canson XL 140 lb cold press watercolor paper (that is a mouthful).  I but the large pad and cut it down to card size in order to save $$$ and I am always left with these scrap pieces.  I save them for projects in which I know I will be cutting out the images.
I embossed each stamped image with Versamark ink and used Recollections Gold embossing powder to outline the flowers.  I have to tell you, this Recollections embossing powder that I got at Michaels (under $2.00 with my coupon) picks up detail like a more expensive embossing powder.  Its an awesome value.

 I used my El Cheapo watercolor pallette (no idea what the brand is) and painted about 6 layers off pink and ivory paint, using my heat gun to dry between paintings.  I find this cheap paint is not vibrant - hence the 6 layers. 
I cut out the flowers with the corresponding HoneyBee Lotus Flower die when I was finished.  Since the flavor of this post is tending towards my thrifty habits, I have to sing the praises for this stamp and die set.  It was like $8.00 with tax and so versatile.  I have had it for a week and it is already in the front of my stamp basket (that is where I put my favorites!).







I used the Hero Arts "Happy Stamp & Cut" set for the sentiment on this card.  I stamped the Happy in Versamark and Gold embossed (shocker) to match the flowers and gold/pink theme of the card.









So, here is my Crafty Life Hack - I sincerely hope if people are bored enough to actually read my blog that they READ THIS PART.  My craft-thrify tip of the day is this - I don't use foam mounting tape.  it is Wayyy to expensive.  For someone who is addicted to multi-level cards like me, it becomes a seriously expensive habit.  So, I used my 40% coupon at Joann's Crafts and bought a huge pack of multi-colored funfoam 5x7 sheets for $4.50!!!   I think like 25 pieces came in it and they have one sticky side.  So all I have to do is use my Multi-Matte adhesive to glue the foam I cut from the sheets to my stamped images.  Voila!  I'm still on pack 1 and I have a serious addiction to using foam, just saying.  
I digress, here in the photo, I am gluing pale peach foam to my flowers.  I use a similar color in case peeps try and view the foam.  Can you say OCD?

I forgot to take a photo of this part, but you may notice, I used pink Memento ink to stamp the lotus flower all over the bottom half of my card.  I think it provides a segeway to the white part of the card.  I added some sequins (dollar store, are you surprised?) and I have a finished card!
Thanks for stopping by, I will be back in a second with my second card for the challenge.

Comments

Lisa said…
Oh! This is beautiful. Love those flowers. I'm certain your Mother in law will love this! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero!
creative lady said…
Beautiful card, I hope your mother-in-law loved the card. Thanks for joining A Blog Named Hero.

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lovely..