The colors of Spring

 Welcome back!  If you are anything like me, you have been cruising through Instagram and stumbling over gorgeous flowers and colors.  Spring is here (unless you are in Phoenix like me and then Summer is here is a more applicable statement)!


I have never entered this challenge before, but I came across the inspiration photo for Inspired By All The Little Things Challenge # 57 and, well, I was inspired.  


I like flowers just as much as the next gal, but this challenge was all about color for me.  Those beautiful colors in the tulips!  I can't even!

I took the Many Mandalas stamp set from Concord & 9th and stamped a few images on 140# Watercolor paper using VersaMark ink.  I then embossed with Hero Arts white embossing powder.

I used my new Distress Oxide inks in Wilted Violet and Worn Lipstick and combined them with my Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, Mustard Seed an Shaded Lilac.

After I put down the color, I used a wet paintbrush to mix them together being very careful not to make mud where the yellow meets the purple.  I used my heat tool to dry, re-blended some more color.  Then splattered with some water to activate the Distress Inks again.

I couldn't add green ink  - there was just no room for muddiness as I made sure to place the colors exactly where they are on the inspiration photo.  Lucky for me I had some perfect green paper for the background. I propped my panel on some fun foam to separate it from the green background color a bit.  I think it is easier to distinguish colors when you leave a little space between them.  

I really love the way this card came out - so much so that I am going to try this design with some different colors.  

Have a great day everyone!

Comments

Leigh Penner said…
Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!
Karen Day said…
Wonderful interpretation of the photo! So glad you could join us at Inspired By All The Little Things!

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !