MFT Color Challenge 68

Hey Everyone,
Wow, its been awhile since I've posted.  Honestly, my job completely cut into my crafting time this week.  Before I get a resentment, I have to remind myself that the job pays for the crafting and to just accept some weeks are busier than others.  But the craft-monster inside of me still holds a resentment (don't tell my boss).  Anyhow, after much deliberation, I decided to enter a card into the MFT Color Challenge 68.  Why deliberation you ask?  Well, to be honest, I don't really have much on this color scheme.  Especially the orange and yellow.  But because I enter these challenges to stretch my imagination and get out of my comfort zone, I decided to do my best and enter.


I stamped the flower images from the MFT Polynesian Paradise and colorered with Spectrum Noir alcohol pens.



I used TB6, TB3, TB2, and TB1 to color in the flowers.When I was done coloring, I cut out the flowers with the coordinating dies.
 Meanwhile, I used 2 Distress Inks:  Orange Marmalade and Distressed Straw to make a background for the card.  Of course, I splattered it with some water to activate the ink when I was done.


I took the center circle that I had cut out from the background and stamped one of the sentiments from the same stamp set.  I used my Hampton Art Stamping tool to stamp the sentiment multiple times.  I wanted it to pop.
 To satisfy the yellow component, I used the flower dies to cut out shapes from pale yellow fun foam.  Instead of gluing the flowers over the foam as I usually would, I decided to let the foam peek out and get that yellow into the card.


Here is the finished product.  Thanks for reading and I'll be back real soon with more challenge cards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

Lovely..

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background