Did someone say Sparkle?

Hello again! Its blog posting morning for me.  I have been a bit preoccupied with NCI (Non-Crafting Issues) this week, but I can't let this Simon Says Stamp Sparkle Challenge get away without at least one entry from me.  My name is Stefanie and I am adddicted to Sparkle.... My 12 step mantra in cardmaking.  


I used the You Matter stamp and die set from Simon Says Stamp for this card, I first stamped the You and the Sentiment in Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder.  I then cut out the you and glued to a foam You I had also cut out with the die.

I set that aside to dry while I stamped and embossed the mini background stamp called Do You See What I See by Winnie & Walter in Versamark and (you guessed it) embossed it in gold embossing powder. The stamp is smaller, so I actually stamped 2 of them side by side on my cardstock.

I used Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry Distress Inks and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink to color my stamp.  And flicked with some water to activate the ink.

I made sure my sentiment strip was across the whole card as I used it to hide the fact that the background stamp is actually 2 stampings.  I had stamped them close together and cut around them to make it look as it they were one stamp.  I like that I have this option with this stamp, pretty cool.

Finally I glued the You on and added some sparkly hearts.  I used a black background and black accents to make the gold POP!  Hopefully, it pops!

Thanks for listening and hopefully I will have time to attack that second entry tonight... 

Comments

Tracy Freeman said…
Well I am glad you joined us 'cos this is gorgeous ! I LOVE the beautiful colours you have used. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog x

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !