SSS Wednesday Challenge - Final entry

Hey there!  I am here posting my final submission to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - A Hint of Pink with Hero Arts.

Here's the deal. I love Hero Arts.  I love Pink.  And I received my May stamp kit on Friday afternoon from Hero Arts.  This has created a "Perfect Storm" of cardmaking my friends.  So, I must enter this contest 5 times as I seriously made alot of cards this weekend!


This may be one of my favorite creations to date!  And it was super easy!

Like the other pink cards, I used my favorite Pink trio from Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, and Abandoned Coral and created a blended background.  I used Canon XL 140 lb watercolor paper.










I once again used the technique I saw on Jennifer McGuire's video and spritzed my Hero Arts stencil, then lay it on top of my Distressed Panel.  I waited 30 seconds and then pressed off the paper with a paper towel.








I wanted this panel to be more vibrant as it is not intended to be the background, but instead the main focal point.  So I added some more ink on top by re-lining up the stencil and rubbing on a bit more Abandoned coral and this time added a little Pickled Raspberry.  It really brightened up the card.





** Here is where I show how tired I was of taking pictures.  I totally spaced and did not take a picture of my sentiment!  Oh my gosh, def an amateur move.  But I'm an amateur, so it is understandable.  I used my "Lovely Stamp Set" that I got free from Concord and 9th with my last order.  ** 




I used a die cut to add some shape to my panel.  I wanted to add a little pizazz as this is really a simple card.  I cut the same shape out of a sheet of fun foam and glued to the back of my watercolor panel.  It is really my favorite way to save money.  Normally I would use double sided tape as I had to let this panel dry for 10 minutes.  But I ran out.  And my "craft allowance" doesn't reset until Friday.  That's 4 days away people!  4 days with no tape!

(But I have to tell you, if I did not set a craft allowance for myself, I would be living in a cardboard box.  It would be decorated with Distress ink, however.





I attached my front panel onto a piece of white shimmer paper and then attached to a top folding card. This took a bit as I glued it and had to press it to dry in between each layer.  (Did I mention no tape for 4 days?!)  Nice and simple, and super pretty.
Goodnight y'all.  Time to succumb to the stomach flu!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

Lovely..

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background