SSS Wednesday Challenge - Part 2

Hey everyone, I am back - Part 2 of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - A Hint of Pink with Hero Arts - one of my favorites!


Here is my 3rd card for the challenge. Can you tell I have been playing with my Hero Arts May Monthy Kit?  Ha ha, I really love these stamps.  This card is a Thank you card and uses a cool background I am experimenting with.


I began by blending Distress Ink in Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, and Abandoned Coral.










I took the stencil that came with my May kit and copied a technique I saw Jennifer McGuire do on a card video.  You wet the stencil then lay down on top of your paper.  I let sit for 30 seconds to ensure the ink reacted then dabbed with a paper towel.








Seriously?!?! How cool is this.  Even my 16 year old son gave me a compliment on this one.  That is pretty monumental around here.

I hated to chop up the background, so I turned it into a sparkly aquarium.  







I did not have any sparkly paper, so I took a piece of 110 lb white cardstock and smooshed my Versamark ink pad all over it.  I then covered it with Ranger white sparkly embossing powder and heat set.  I was left with a sheet of sparkle paper!  
From there, I used the die cuts from Hero Arts and cut out the various plants to make my sparkly aquarium look nice.






 I finished by stamping one off the ocean sentiments on white cardstock.  I propped up 4 of the plants and kept the rest original and glued it all down.  I took Abandoned Coral and stamped various fish in the background before gluing the plants.  Add some sequins and I have myself an aquarium of sparkle.  My husband asked me to make him one in blues because he loved it so much, wow - I love when the men in my life aren't afraid to love the sparkle!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !