Lovely..

Hi there!
If all of a sudden this post just stops mid sentence it is because my computer died.  Its almost there man!  Any day now...

I am here today with this card I made last night...

Here is is from another angle...



I am really loving this card. At first, I was making it for the Simon Say Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.  Which I still am.  But as I am painting this card, I realized that the inspiration behind this card is actually from the CAS-ual Fridays CAS01 May Challenge.  Actually their first encouragement  challenge.  This card is what I see in the picture from that challenge.

I started this card with a piece of 140 lb watercolor paper.  I stamped the sentiment from Concord & 9th in Versamark and embossed with Hero Arts White Embossing powder.  I heat set and stamped the flowers in each corner the same way.  

 I took out my new watercolors (eek, still exciting!) and started adding some blues, greens, a bit of yellow for contrast and purple.  I let it dry overnight and when I came back to it today, I noticed I could not read the sentiment.  I think it would have been better if I stamped it in navy blue ink - which I will do next time.  However, for today, I did not have that luxury. So I took a shade called Indigo in my White Knight paints (or St. Petersburgh - I hear it both ways and am unsure what to call these new friends of mine) and dabbed over the sentiment only in hopes of making it pop.  

It darkened it a bit, but all in all I think that is okay.  Otherwise it was washed out.  If I go with the Navy ink next time I can definitely lighten up the palette.

I scallped the edges and popped up on some foam tape to my blue background then onto a top folding card.  I am keeping this card very simple and letting the message do all of the work.

This challenge is for encouragement.  I do not have the authority to say too much, but there is a person very special to me going through something right now.  All I can do is take care of her the way she took care of me in the past.  Nuff said.  The fear in me does not want to jinx anything.  I just need to give her this card.  She is the loveliest person I know.  

Thanks for browsing!  Have a great day!

Comments

Lorraine A said…
Gorgeous card :-) the white embossed sentiment is awesome and I love the watercolored background, the colours are fabulous! I LOVE this!! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x
I'm so glad your computer didn't break down before you could share this lovely watercolour card with us at the Calling All Sistahs Encouragement challenge. I'm sure the person who will receive this card will be so pleased. Thanks for joining us and we hope to see more of your beautiful creations in our gallery! Gwendolyn
Lori Kobular said…
Beautiful card! Love that sentiment and your watercolor background is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the first Calling All Sistahs Encouragement Challenge!
Heather North said…
Sorry about your computer issues. The struggle is real. Mine is heading for the graveyard soon too. Your card really captures our first challenge so well. Thank you for joining us for the Calling All Sistahs encouragement challenge! I hope you will come back on the 18th to join in our next challenge!
Ceal said…
Gorgeous card! thank you for joining our encouragement challenge!
Larissa Heskett said…
Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE the way you used the Colors and the Design!! THANKS SO MUCH for playing along with our Encouragement Challenge and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background