CASology week 251: MEDICINE

(sigh)  I am a bit behind posting a few cards as I have been lounging around, poolside, with my gorgeous husband celebrating our 1 year anniversary.  The (sigh) is because I am no longer lounging, poolside, with my gorgeous husband.  Good things must come to an end.

The cool thing about living in Phoenix is that it is very, very hot here in the summer.  Like it was way over 100 degrees today.  And noone wants to visit in that heat.  So hotels offer awesome "staycation" deals and the hubs and I took advantage of staying at a luxury resort for $100 a night.  You heard me right.  Hence the (sigh).

Back to business.  I made this card for the CASology week 251 Challenge: MEDICINE.


Let me tell you, this card is the exact reason why I do these challenges.  I love how this card came out. Love it.  Can't wait for someone to get sick so I can give it to them. (Just Kidding!) (not really).  I am not naturally a CAS kind of gal and this challenge forces me to take it down a notch sista.  I love participating in this challenge.

Enough chatter. Here is the details.  I used MFT stamps "The Whole Herd" for the piggy and the Sentiment.  I stamped both in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink as I was unsure if I would be painting or coloring.

Coloring won out and I used my Spectrum Noir markers in PP5, PP3, and PP1.  I also used some white gel pen for the highlights.

I cut my 110 lb cardstock with a scalloped edge as i wanted juuuust a bit something extra and attached to my card base.  No foam tape this time.  Not sure if next time I will prop it, but I was in a super big hurry to leave for vacation.

Hope you enjoyed the card!  Let me know if you have the sniffles, I have just the card for you!

Comments

Jacquie Southas said…
Love this little piggy image and perfect sentiment! So glad you found the time to play along with us at CASology!
Judy1223 said…
Ah, your poolside time sounds heavenly. Sigh. This card? Totally adorable! I alsmost wish I was sick so you would send it to me! (I'll let you know.) I love your cute piglet and the white highlights! Thanks for joining us at CASology!
Lovely colouring & highlights, too cute and wonderfully CAS. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.
Joyce said…
This is adorable, and perfectly done. Love how you did your coloring. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !