Winnie & Walter June Color Combo Challenge - Card 1

So, I'm clicking around IG and I see that Winnie & Walter has a new release coming this week.  I go to their blog to see what is coming up, and for the first time I see.....They have a challenge Blog!  With Multiple Challenges.  So exciting for me.  I happen to LOVE W &W, but I have a slight problem.  My wishlist includes almost everything they make. Definately EVERY cutaway.  I love their BIG words.  So, I need to have some $$ help with my Winnie & Walter craft addiction.  What better way than to join a challenge...Do my best and hope for the best.

My first card is for the June Color Combo Challenge. 



This card is for my son Aidan who LOVES this stamp. Its the "Do You See What I See" Mini Scenery stamp.  Loves it.  Every time I use it he tells me how I can use it better.  So cute. And frustrating. 

In order to follow the rules, I got out the same 4 Distress Inks that Heather used:
Mowed Grass, Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean, and Worn Lipstick.  I rubbed them on an acrylic block and spritzed with water and let sit while I cut a piece of 140 lb watercolor paper down. I stamped the Do You See What I See stamp with Versamark and embossed with Hero Arts Black Sparkly Embossing Powder.  I wanted strong lines.

I watercolored with the Distress inks.  As the panel dried I took the Worn lipstick and blended it on some 110 pound cardstock.  I took the die from Concord & 9th (believe me, if I had my way it would have been a W&W big die cutaway) and cut the word 3 times.  I glued them together with Ranger Medium Matte glue.  I glued the sentiment onto my main panel and mounted on a piece of salty ocean watercolored paper.  I mounted on a top folding card base.  

That's my first card for the day!  I'll be back in a minute with another one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !