MFT Sketch Challenge 336 aka The Heart Card, take 2

Back, very short and sweet today.  I have surgery tomorrow and wanted to post today as tomorrow I will be loopy all day!

Here is my 2nd card for the MFT Sketch Challenge # 336.  Or as my kids call it, the Heart Card challenge.    Guess I don't make too many cards with hearts as these stood out to them. LOL!



I just had so much fun making this card.  For the background I used Distress Oxide Inks (they stamp really well!) and inked up the Altenew Pattern Play - Diamond Stamp Set.  I wanted the weathered look for the argyle diamonds.  While that dried, I stamped the giraffes and sentiment from MFT  Giraffing Me Crazy set with Simon Says Stamp ink then colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  I had to fussy cut them (man do I want these dies - reminder to myself next time I shop...) and prop them up with foam to pop.
I cut the heart out of watercolor paper as my original intent was a marvelous swirl of watercolors in a marble-like fashion. But it was too busy with the background.  So instead I used Distress Oxide ink in Worn Lipstick and Distress ink in Abandoned Coral to color the heart.  I splattered with some water to create the drops.  I attached to the backing with foam tape as well and attached the sentiment to the heart.  I wanted to place it lower by the giraffes but it looked odd.

That's it for today.  Time for sleep to come to this gal.  Night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lovely..