CASology week 252 - INSECT

Good morning and Happy Sunday!  I have been so busy this week I have had almost no time to indulge in "me" time.  My plan is to spend most of today painting and making a few cards.  But first, I need to post this card I did manage to make during my Friday night crafting session with my bestie.  
This card is for the CASology Challenge - week 252.  The key word is INSECT.




Oh, I just love how this card turned out!  I started by taking a panel of white CS  and using my Distress Oxides (Worn Lipstick, Broken China and Wilted Violet) made a background blend.  I decided against making splatters and just adhered it to a A2 top folding card base and set aside.

I then used 2 butterfly dies from Anna Griffen and cut them out from another piece of CS.  I set aside the actual butterfly cutouts for another card down the line.  I then took a set of Martha Stewart butterfly stamps and using MFT Grout Gray I stamped 4 more butterflies on the card front to simulate motion.  I used a Wink of Stella glitter pen and added a tiny bit of sparkle which is, of course, almost impossible to show.  LOL!

I finished the card by stamping HELLO using a set from CTMH.  (All of the stamp sets are my besties, not mine, and unfortunately I did not write down the names when I was at her house Friday night).  I adhered this top panel onto the card after reblending the ink a bit.  When I put the top layer on, I did not like the way the colors shined through and had to make some changes.  The finished product is much better than what I started with.

That's all - a super fun card to make!  Have a great rest of your Sunday - if all goes well I will be back on here later today!

Comments

Jacquie Southas said…
It feels like your beautiful butterflies are going to flutter off the card! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lovely..