Pin Sights Challenge

What an awesome day of cardmaking I have had.  I am about to make myself a sweet and lay down to watch Gone With the Wind, but before I do I musn't forget to post my card for the Ellen Hutson May Pin Sights Challenge.  Where did the time go??


The colors from this challenge are my inspiration.  I have the Blues and Purples and Pinks on my background.  I heat embossed my swirly background stamp with white embossing powder and painted the background with distress inks:  Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac, and a tiny bit of Spun Sugar.

Useless information alert:  this background stamp is one of the bunch I picked up at a Phoenix used bookstore called Bookmans.  If you are from Phoenix, you have most likely heard of it or spent hours there pouring over the books, magazines, and STAMPS!  Yes, my two favorite loves:  books and stamps - coexisting in a wonderful retail space!  I digress...I found these awesome stamps for under $2 and had my husband make some wood blocks AND glue the stamps on.  He's quite incredible.  I have no idea who made these stamps, all I know is that there are literally hundreds more there, waiting for me to adopt them!  LOL - if anyone knows who made these I would love to find out so I can give them some props.

Back to the post. Focus Stefanie. Focus.  Oh yes, After the background dried, I attached it to a vanilla background, then a cornflower blue cardstock to make sure all the colors are represented.  I am a stickler for this when I do challenges.  I used black paper to cut out my Be YOU tiful sentiment and stamped the YOU from Simon Says Stamp You matter stamp set.  I heat embossed it on a piece of vellum (hard to see, sorry).  Normally I would do a circle of vellum, but today I used a Concord & 9th Many Mandala die to give the vellum some personality.
I finished this with some clear droplets from Studio Katia.

That's it for me today.  Stick a fork in me, I am done.  Scarlett, Rhett, Ashley, Melanie and the rest off the gang in Georgia are awaiting me.  I have more cards to post, but After all, tomorrow is another day!  (see how I did that...GWTW quote...?) hee hee  Night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !