MFT Color Challenge 72 and SSS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Holy Cow! 
This challenge was just that - a challenge.  I have my card for the MFT Color Challenge 72 and it was super difficult for me this time.  But I like that - easy is not always good, ya know?  I am also entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.


I had a really hard time capturing the vellum so believe it or not, this is the best I can get.  I am in the process of making a light box as this was very frustrating taking this picture!

For this card, I used a piece of 140 lb water color paper and stamped MFT Fancy Flowers in SSS intense black ink.  Then I fussy cut the top of the card off so the flowers could pop against a background.  I used watercolors to match the colors in the challenge.  Honestly, the blue was so dark that it did not look good at all.  So, I used a white gel pen and started outlining the stamp with little dots.  I really liked the look so I did the same for all 3 flowers.  I painted the stems gray and used the same shade for the background paper.

I stamped a sentiment from MFT Polynesian Paradise with Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder on a piece of vellum.  I then wrapped the vellum around the base of the card.  I propped up the whole card with foam tape to give the card some depth.

Off to bed for me, night folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lovely..