MFT Sketch 339 and SSS Wednesday Challenge

Hi everybody!
I'm so happy to be back.  I had thought my computer was going to head on over to computer heaven, so I had my 16 year old wipe it clean and reinstall Windows.  Its working much better now but I was seriously afraid that I would not be able to blog and miss deadlines.  Super, super happy I can blog some cards.



This card is actually part off a duo I made by doing second generation stamping.  Here is a pic of both cards together:


So, I started with the smaller circles from the Concord & 9th Orange You Sweet stamp set.  I put both card bases (cut to 3.5 x 3.5 ") down on my work surface and using Pigment ink I stamped the left card first then the right without re-inking.  It produces a softer look for the second card and ends up looking super cool.

I used my heat gun to dry the cards as I knew I was going to emboss the cards.  I know from experience not to emboss wet ink.  After I was sure it was dry, I stamped the pineapple from MFT Polynesian Paradise set with Versamark then embossed with gold embossing powder.  

I repeated the same technique with the second card.

I stamped the sentiment from the same MFT stamp set and embossed with gold embossing powder as well.  To put together the card, I propped my main card on foam tape and adhered to a watermelon paper.  I then adhered that to a 4x4 card base.  I propped the sentiment with foam tape and added it to the card at an angle for a fun look.

The hardest part is deciding which I like best!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !