CASology Week 246: Season

Happy Sunday again!  I have my card ready for the CASology week 246 Challenge.  The challenge word is SEASON.  And, like many, I  have Spring on my mind.  Something we don't really see here in Arizona - we tend to go directly into summer around here.  Which is why I am nostalgic...



My card today is a simple watercolor card using a new stamp set from Molly & Rex.  I'm not familiar with this brand, but it was on the endcap at Michaels and with my coupon I got the set for $4!! Cute and cheap - my favorite combination.



I stamped my image onto Canson #140 lb watercolor paper using my Stampperfect.  This stamp has alot of detail around the bike spokes so I wanted to stamp it twice with Versamark.


I embossed the stamped image with white embossing powder and heat set.


I added my Distress Ink to an acrylic block and misted with water to activate.  I let it sit for a few minutes while I prepped my paper.


I taped my paper down as I got it really good and wet. 

I then added my Distress Inks, in order, with a super wet brush.  You can see after the first layer it became apparent I did not tape it well enough.  I had to use my heat gun to blow that dry and even used tissue paper to get some of that excess off.  Normally I really like the unexpected consequences of watercolor, but for this challenge I wanted the work to be as neat as possible.  I did splash some water on the background before mounting.  I wanted to draw the eye away from the harsh edge.


 The finished product was mounted onto the card base as a single layer card - no background paper was added.  
I really need to get a better photo set up.  It is really hard to photograph these colors and show you what I see in person.  I am always open to suggestions that involve cost friendly ways to photograph pastel cards.
Thats it for today  - have a great weekend!

Comments

Jen W. said…
Love the spring blooms bursting from the bike basket and the background is so soft and pretty! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
Judy1223 said…
I adore the white embossed images (a great $4 find, by the way!) and how they pop agaunst the pretty pastel background. Such a soft, pretty card! Thanks fo rjoining us at CASology!

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lovely..