MFT Color Challenge 75 and Simon Says Stamp Card Challenges

I just love this card.  I have grown quite attached to it in the several days it has taken to make this card.  


I am entering this card into 3 challenges:

So, I started by blending Distress Oxide inks in Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover, and Twisted Citron.  I wanted to emulate the 2 greens in the MFT color Challenge and I did not have the exact colors. This does a pretty good job I think.  I then cut out the sentiment with the MFT Happy Birthday to You die.  I also cut a piece of green fun foam to 5 1/4 by 4 inches and then ran through my cuttlebug with this die. While the letters were still stuck in the foam, I glued the cutout letters from this card on top. After it dried and I pressed it with my 5 pound plate from my husbands gym (works like a charm), I punched out the letters and put them aside for a later project. I glued the Distress Inked panel onto the fun foam panel and added the middles to all of the letters.   This was the equivalent to adding foam tape all over my panel.  I did it this way because I was planning to add beads and make this a shaker card in the beginning.  But shaker cards scare me, so I changed my plan.

So, I forgot to mention that after I Distress Inked, I splattered not only with water - but also with some watered down acrylic paint.  I had bought the paint awhile ago but lost it and was so happy to find it.  Its almost like buying it again but not having to spend any money.  I am sure anyone that crafts understands this happiness.

I stamped the cow from the MFT Whole Herd stamp set onto some 110 lb cardstock and colored using a coral ink mixed with a Spectrum Noir marker - PP3.  I also stamped balloons (not sure from whom) a blueberry and coral color for the color challenge.  I then stamped over that with versamark and coated with clear embossing powder.  I really love the shine that a detailed clear embossing powder brings.  I propped the cow and balloons up on foam tape.  

Then, the torture began.  This is my first time using any type of string on a card.  And quite possibly my last.  Perhaps there was a different type of string I should have used.  How dare I embark on this balloon/string idea without taking 5 hours to comb through back dated Jennifer McGuire videos!!?? Ugh.  I know Jennifer would have the appropriate string to use.  But, when in doubt buy El Cheapo. That is my motto.  52 Cents and a whole lot of frustration later involving a minor breakdown, the strings were tied to the cows tail and the balloons.  Cute, right?  Say yes even if you don't think so - my mental stability rides on it.

That is it for today. Here is another shot of the card:
 Cute, huh?

Night folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !