Hero Arts and WOW! What a fun combination!

Oh, I have been waiting to use my new Monthly Hero Arts kit.  I finally, finally had time to play this weekend.  Hero Arts + Embossing = so much fun for me!  I made 3 cards, all of which I am entering into the Hero Arts Embossing with Wow Challenge.   This month, Hero Arts is teaming up with Wow Embossing products for the A Blog Named Hero Challenge.  I am also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Add a Sentiment

My first card is for my sister, my sissy, who is having a crap week.  I want her to know I love her more than anything and I am here for her.





 I started with a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 base of Bristol Smooth  CS and I blended Distress Oxide ink in Abandoned Coral all over.  My original intent was to do the ombre look, but I just love this color and had a heavy hand.  I spritzed with water to make some magic.  While the background dried, I set off to emboss me some stars.  I stamped the large star with from this month's Hero Arts Monthly kit with Versamark Ink onto a striped silver and gray paper I found in my stash.  I then used WOW Silver Pearl Embossing powder and embossed all of the stars - I think there were 20 or 25 total.   I wanted to have extra for other projects.  When I was done I die cut the stars and attached fun foam to the back with some glue.  I set them aside to dry.







 I also used the smaller star stamp and stamped vellum with Versamark Ink.  I used the same Silver Pearl embossing powder to outline the stars and then cut them out with my Cuttlebug as well.

Now that the background was dry, I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment with Simon Says Stamp black ink.  I then set off on attaching my stars.  I was a bit worried about the vellum stars showing the glue, so I used tweezers and sprayed each with some Elmers spray glue.  It worked, but unfortunately now my tweezers are stuck together. Haha, the funniest stuff happens to me.  If anyone knows how to get this Elmers spray adhesive off my tweezers, please let me know!

When I was finished, I cut off the edges of some of the stars to even up the edges.  I mounted my panel on a top folding card and it is ready to send to sissy with a nice note inside.  Look out for some handmade kindness Sis!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !