Tagapalooza Part 2: The fun continues....

I should have called this post:  One more and I can go to bed.  Haha!  Here's the lowdown on that:  I, like many of you, work full time.  I am in IT, so my full time work week is more than 40 hours.  I also have 3 children at home right now, 3 dogs (1 of which is a 3 month old puppy), a husband and unfortunately an uncurable auto-immune disease.  The only reason I bring that up is that my schedule is PACKED with doctor appointments.  Crafting is my soul relaxing.  It is very important that I take out time for that, for me.  So, the only way I can craft is to bust ass all week doing for my family, doing for my job, doing for my health and on the weekends - I craft like my life depends on it.  And, I think it does to be honest.  Like I said, crafting is my soul relaxing.  Its the way I see myself, how I figure it all out.  Not to get too deep, but I know you know what I mean!

So, anyhoo, Sunday nights are spent mad posting.  And I mean MAD POSTING!  And what I don't finish tonight, I post on Monday.  I need to learn to do one post 3 to 4 times a week instead.  If anyone has any time management tricks on that, I would love to hear it!

Back to the goods.  Sorry to digress, just want you to get to know me a bit.  I am tight lipped about certain things and I need to let it out!

Here is my 2nd set of tags for the MFT Sketch Challenge #346 as well as the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Add a Sentiment:


Yeah baby!  More tags! This time, I made a set of Thank you tags with the MFT set called Polynesian Paradise.  Here are close ups with deets:


Okay, my favorite tag I made thus far.  I took my background and ran through the cuttlebug with a folder from Darice that I interpret as a Hawaiian flower.  I just cannot for the life of me tell you the name of said flower.  It lends great texture to the background.  I colored Mr. Turtle with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and propped him with foam tape.  I stamped this sentiment, and the sentiments on all of my tags, with SSS black ink.  This one made me nervous as I was not only stamping on a background directly (nail biter), but it was a textured background.  All I can say is, buy a MIST if you don't already have one.  Nuff said.


My second tag is totally a different flavor. I used light pinks and purple Spectrum Noirs to color the flowers.  I stamped 3 sets and propped them at different heights to give the tag some visual interest.  I used colored twine on these tags too, I do not think you can see it so much in this pic, but you can on the main one.


Lastly, I have my poor pineapple tag.  I made so many oopsies with this tag, but I can't let it go!
I used my favorite embossing folder with these little pineapples  on it to give some texture to my background.  But, I had the folder upside down so the pineapple negatives were on the side of the die cut that has the stitches.  So, I had to turn around the die cut as I wanted to have the pineapples pop out, not invert.  However, this made only some of the stitches show.  It looked bad.  So, the white gel pen came to the rescue, as it so often does.  I made little white dots around the edges where the stitches on the dies should have been.  I actually think it looks cute!  I propped my pineapple, which I had colored with my Spectrum Noir markers, on foam tape and also stamped the sentiment directly onto the background.  

Whew, that is it for me tonight lovlies!  As always, thanks for listening.  My addiction with tags will continue this week as I have a few more sets to show you.  Here is a hit, Concord & 9th Many Mandalas.  Yup. So many possibilities!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !