Hero Arts and Wow Embossing - Part 2

Hi there, it Stefanie back again for more blogging.  Ahh, I made it through Monday!
I am back with 2 more cards for the A Blog Named Hero Challenge.  And its a good one. This month its all about WOW products.  I have two cards using my WOW embossing powders in different ways.  So versatile!


My first card uses the newest Monthly Hero Arts kit.  Well, actually both do.  Disclaimer: I opened it up and cannot stop using it.   First, I watercolored my galaxy on Thursday night and let it dry for a day.  Then I used the 2 cute sprays that came with the kit and totally overdid my background. Yup.  I am an over-doer with galaxies.  I know this now, but was unaware at the time.  One of my favorite cardmakers Justin Krieger (@jrk912) made the most fantastic SIMPLE galaxy today.  Sigh.  I'm not there yet.  But I hope to be.

I used the awesome center die cut from the kit and cut a hole in my galaxy and actually put it aside if I need it later.  (I say this laughing - does every card maker do this?  Will I ever really need this?) 
I stamped a star and the crescent moon in Versamark ink and used WOW embossing powder in Ho Ho HO to make them sparkle.  I also stamped the star outline on some foam and embossed in Silent Night by WOW.  I tried to do the same with the moon outline but I die cut like a 5 year old, so that went to the trash.  

To put it all together, I put a piece of ivory shimmer paper behind the galaxy and stamped the sentiment with SSS black ink in the center.  I attached my stars and moon to various places and propped the shimmer paper on foam tape.  It was all attached to a top folding A2 cardbase.  Fun, but galaxies are difficult!


Card #2 was more simple and so much fun!


So, to begin.  I used the Wow embossing powder in Silent Night and mixed with Faber Castell Gesso Mousse.  It produced a grainy silverish blueish (for some reason) paste.  I made a tape loop with painter's tape and taped a A2 sized card panel to my workmat.  I then taped the stencil from this month's Kit over top of the paper and secured with more painter's tape.  I do this so my bottom card does not move.  I have also used a Cricut mat, but this paste is messy and I didn't want to ruin it.

 Here is the "during photo".  I had to use my finger to spread my mixture over the stencil.  I like even coverage and admit I really wanted to know what it felt like.  LOL!

Here is a side view of the homemade embossing/glitter/paste after removing the stencil and surrounding tape.   I am really impressed.  Its really cool!  






I let it dry overnight.  The next morning, it was super cool, totally dried great!
I stamped the boy in the moon in Paris Dusk Memento ink and then used clear embossing powder on top to strengthen up the image.  I die cut it and propped on foam tape.

I die cut the Happy out from the Hero Arts Happy Stamp and Cut set with black paper 3 times.  I stacked them and glued them together then used Glossy Accents to make them super shiny and "heavy".   I stamped the word birthday on black paper in Versamark Ink and used WOW white embossing powder to make it pop.

Well, I said I would not use string in a card for a LOOOOONG time after the MFT trials and tribulations last week.  I lied.  My vision was to have the boy in the moon "fishing" for the Happy.  And I think it worked!  It looks like Happy is dangling, but actually it is glued down.  I think it is a good masculine card.  I know my sons thought it was cool.  And if you can impress teen-aged boys.....
Thanks for listening.  I have more tags to post, but tomorrow is another day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawn Fawnatics and A Blog Named Hero Challenges

SSS Monday Challenge: Make your own Background

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 20- Fun with Food !