Hero Arts and Wow Embossing - Part 2
Hi there, it Stefanie back again for more blogging. Ahh, I made it through Monday!
I am back with 2 more cards for the A Blog Named Hero Challenge. And its a good one. This month its all about WOW products. I have two cards using my WOW embossing powders in different ways. So versatile!
My first card uses the newest Monthly Hero Arts kit. Well, actually both do. Disclaimer: I opened it up and cannot stop using it. First, I watercolored my galaxy on Thursday night and let it dry for a day. Then I used the 2 cute sprays that came with the kit and totally overdid my background. Yup. I am an over-doer with galaxies. I know this now, but was unaware at the time. One of my favorite cardmakers Justin Krieger (@jrk912) made the most fantastic SIMPLE galaxy today. Sigh. I'm not there yet. But I hope to be.
I used the awesome center die cut from the kit and cut a hole in my galaxy and actually put it aside if I need it later. (I say this laughing - does every card maker do this? Will I ever really need this?)
I stamped a star and the crescent moon in Versamark ink and used WOW embossing powder in Ho Ho HO to make them sparkle. I also stamped the star outline on some foam and embossed in Silent Night by WOW. I tried to do the same with the moon outline but I die cut like a 5 year old, so that went to the trash.
To put it all together, I put a piece of ivory shimmer paper behind the galaxy and stamped the sentiment with SSS black ink in the center. I attached my stars and moon to various places and propped the shimmer paper on foam tape. It was all attached to a top folding A2 cardbase. Fun, but galaxies are difficult!
Card #2 was more simple and so much fun!
So, to begin. I used the Wow embossing powder in Silent Night and mixed with Faber Castell Gesso Mousse. It produced a grainy silverish blueish (for some reason) paste. I made a tape loop with painter's tape and taped a A2 sized card panel to my workmat. I then taped the stencil from this month's Kit over top of the paper and secured with more painter's tape. I do this so my bottom card does not move. I have also used a Cricut mat, but this paste is messy and I didn't want to ruin it.
Here is a side view of the homemade embossing/glitter/paste after removing the stencil and surrounding tape. I am really impressed. Its really cool!
I let it dry overnight. The next morning, it was super cool, totally dried great!
I stamped the boy in the moon in Paris Dusk Memento ink and then used clear embossing powder on top to strengthen up the image. I die cut it and propped on foam tape.
I die cut the Happy out from the Hero Arts Happy Stamp and Cut set with black paper 3 times. I stacked them and glued them together then used Glossy Accents to make them super shiny and "heavy". I stamped the word birthday on black paper in Versamark Ink and used WOW white embossing powder to make it pop.
Well, I said I would not use string in a card for a LOOOOONG time after the MFT trials and tribulations last week. I lied. My vision was to have the boy in the moon "fishing" for the Happy. And I think it worked! It looks like Happy is dangling, but actually it is glued down. I think it is a good masculine card. I know my sons thought it was cool. And if you can impress teen-aged boys.....
Thanks for listening. I have more tags to post, but tomorrow is another day!